Opioids, Immune and Endocrine Function

Time Required: 
30 minutes

Dr. Joan Hester is a consultant in pain medicine, King’s College London and is a past president of the British Pain Society. Her talk examines the evidence surrounding the long term effects that opioids have upon the endocrine and immune functions. In a recent study it is estimated that only 10% of those prescribing long term opioids consider these effects, so if you are one of the remaining 90% this may be of interest to you.

Knowledge Level: