By the end of this episode you will:
- Be able to describe the different elements which determine an individual’s experience of pain
- Understand some of the different elements which can affect how an individual behaves when in pain
In this episode the elements of the pain experience are explored further and the link between pain experience and pain behaviour is discussed.
- Butler, D.S., 2003. Explain Pain. Sydney, Noigroup.
- Fordyce, W.E., 1988. Pain and Suffering: A reappraisal. American Psychologist, American Psychologist 276 – 283.
- Gatchel, R., 2007. The Biopsychosocial approach to chronic pain; Scientific advances and future directions.. Psychological Bulletin, Psychological Bulletin 133, 581-624.