By the end of this episode you will:
- be able to describe some different elements of people’s pain experience
- be able to discuss what is meant by the biopsychosocial model
This episode gives a very basic introduction to the current ways of thinking about pain and introduces the biopsychosocial model of management.
- Butler, D.S., 2003. Explain Pain. Sydney, Noigroup.
- Melzack, R., Wall, P.D., 2003. Handbook of pain management : a clinical companion to Wall and Melzack’s textbook of pain. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh.
- Wall, P.D., 1999. Pain: The science of suffering. Weidenfeld and Nicolson, London.